Notice Please provide Facilities Services at least two weeks’ notice prior to your scheduled event. All last minute requests (within 48 hours of the Event start time) are subject to a late charge fee of $50.
Facilities Services will arrange furniture rental and services if the space you are reserving is not already equipped with sufficient tables and chairs. Rentals can be arranged through Facilities Services with one-month prior notice. There will be a charge for all rentals and outside vendor services.
If food and beverage will be served, it is necessary to arrange for custodial clean-up.
Planning an event on the Medford/Somerville campus?
Follow these steps:
1. Reserve Your Meeting Room
Visit Resource 25 to reserve a room.
2. Create a Facilities Service Online Service Request
Then please specify the following on the request:
- Event Start Date and Time
- Event Finish Date and Time
- Building location and room number(s)
- Location of the outdoor areas
- Type of room arrangement, attach a sketch of your requirements in necessary
- Additional trash/recycle barrels
- Coat racks and portable blackboards
- Podium (oak)
- Number of people
- Whether food and beverages are being served (if so, please include your Dept.ID information)
- Dept.ID (and Project/Grant # if required) to cover all charges (rentals, off hours, clean up for events with food, etc.)
3. Reserve Audio/Visual Equipment
Any large-scale event requiring staging, lighting, sound, power and similar rentals must be scheduled at least four weeks prior to the date of the event to ensure the availability of equipment. There will be a charge for renting these items in addition to a labor charge.
- If A/V equipment is needed, please contact the Media Center at Tisch Library 617.627.3078. Facilities will pick up, deliver and return the audio-visual equipment if noted to do so on the Online Service Request.
- If you require a PA system in a facility that is not equipped with one, you may contact Tufts Lighting, Sound and Video (TLSV) at ext. 73578. TLSV can support most small events.
- If you require the services of an outside contractor, the Facilities Department can coordinate these arrangements for you.
4. Confirm Catering Details
Please contact Tufts Catering at 617.627.3411 for information on catering options.
6. Schedule a Police Detail
A police detail is required for all events at which alcoholic beverages will be served. To schedule a detail, please contact Public Safety 617.627.3502.