Facilities Services will arrange furniture rental and services if the space you are reserving is not already equipped with sufficient tables and chairs. Rentals can be arranged through Facilities Services with one-month prior notice. There will be a charge for all rentals and outside vendor services.
If food and beverage will be served, it is necessary to arrange for custodial clean-up.
Planning an event on the Medford/Somerville campus?
Follow these steps:
1. Reserve Your Meeting Room
Visit the Space and Resource Reservation System to reserve a room.
2. Create a Facilities Service Online Service Request
Then please specify the following on the request:
- Event Start Date and Time
- Event Finish Date and Time
- Building location and room number(s)
- Location of the outdoor areas
- Type of room arrangement (attach a sketch of your requirements if necessary)
- Number of additional trash/recycle barrels, if needed
- Number of Coat racks and portable blackboards, if needed
- Number of podiums (oak), if needed
- Number of people
- Whether food and beverages are being served (if so, please include your Dept. ID information)
- Dept.ID (and Project/Grant # if required) to cover all charges (rentals, off hours, clean up for events with food, etc.)
3. Reserve Audio/Visual Equipment
Any large-scale event requiring staging, lighting, sound, power and similar rentals must be scheduled at least four weeks prior to the date of the event to ensure the availability of equipment. There will be a charge for renting these items in addition to a labor charge.
If A/V equipment is needed, please see this pricing list and fill out the Audio/Visual Services Request Form. Facilities will pick up, deliver and return the audio-visual equipment if indicated on the A/V Services Request Form. If you have any questions about A/V equipment reservation, please contact Tufts Technology Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 627-3376.
If you require the services of an outside contractor, the Facilities Department can coordinate these arrangements for you.
4. Confirm Catering Details
5. Schedule a Police Detail
A police detail is required for all events at which alcoholic beverages will be served. To schedule a detail, please fill out this Detail Request Form. If you have any questions about requesting a police detail, please contact Public Safety at (617) 627 3502.