WANTED: Energetic students to help improve the Facilities Services Recycling program
Every semester, we look for creative, enthusiastic, and self-motivated students to join the Facilities Services Recycling team. Interns monitor the university’s recycling progress, ensure that all campus buildings are stocked with proper recycling materials, and work to engage and educate their peers through outreach initiatives. Even when interns are not busy working at 520 Boston Avenue, they, along with the Tufts Eco-Reps, help to promote the importance of recycling, both on and off the hill.
The Facilities Services Recycling internship is a paid position; students are paid $11 per hour and are expected to work at least five hours per week.
Sample responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute waste reduction and diversion campaigns. Identify existing and new waste streams and create solutions to address those streams.
- Act as student liaisons for the campus recycling program, uniting the efforts of C&W Services, Operations, and the Office of Sustainability.
- Respond to and fulfill requests for recycling bins, labels, promotional materials, and other recycling infrastructure.
- Conduct checks and assessments of recycling infrastructure including dumpsters, recycling carts, and compost carts.
- Execute and assist in waste audits.
- Conduct waste tracking and assessment in coordination with the RecycleMania competition during spring semester.
- Assist in tracking volumes and weights of waste streams in coordination with our haulers.
- Assist in communicating the university’s recycling program to users across all campuses.
- Serve as event staff at large events for composting andrecycling
Interested? Email cover letter, resume and availability to email@example.com. The subject of the email should be “Application for semester internship.” Interested students must be able to lift 30 pounds, walk extensively throughout campus, and be willing to travel to the Boston and Grafton campuses. We look forward to hearing from you.