Home / Recycle / Staff and Student Resources
There are many ways that YOU can help make the Recycling program even better. Here are a few resources to help you get started.
In addition, here are some useful tips for recycling in your everyday life here on campus.
1. Solo cups and yogurt containers are recyclable! Just put them in the plastics/metals bin.
2. Don’t throw away used ink cartridges, electronics, or batteries! There are locations around campus where you can recycle them. Click for locations in Medford, Boston, and Grafton.
3. Help spread the word that staples, bindings, and envelope windows in paper recycling do not need to be removed. Click here to see a photo of what they look like after the recycling process.
4. Spread the word that recycling costs Tufts 50% less than sending trash to landfills.
5. Trade your incandescent light bulbs for compact fluorescents for FREE by bringing them to the Tufts Institute of the Environment (behind Miller Hall).
6. You can recycle the tops of your pizza boxes if they aren’t greasy (just tear them off!).
7. Most Tufts printers default to two-sided printing. If your printer is not defaulted to two-sided printing, follow the steps below:
8. Contact us before disposing reusable items (clothing, furniture, etc…). We might be able to put it to good use.
To learn more, check out the following pages: